Hi! I'm Randi. I am a full time mom, and never thought I would be. After I married my husband I taught school and loved it. That is until my oldest daughter was almost two years old. I realized that even though I loved my students, I spent more time with them than my own daughter. So...I made a change, and now I am a crazy, non- stop, cooking, cleaning, car pool, play date, church going, stay at home mom.

Thursday, February 2, 2012


Taquitos




I love taquitos, and the freezer section at the grocery store has some great ones. However I had some leftover turkey and I wanted something to go with green chili soup. So I thought I would try to make a homemade batch of taquitos. They turned out great, and very good for you.

Ingredients:

6 white corn tortillas
1 cup shredded chicken, turkey or pork ( whatever you have)
1/4 cup cheddar cheese ( reduced fat, or fat free work great)
1'4 cup salsa ( I love Pace)
Cooking Spray

Mix the meat, cheese and salsa . Warm the tortillas in the microwave to make them easier to roll. Divide the mixture between the tortillas and wrap them up. Put them on a sheet pan and spray with a cooking spray. Cook at 450 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the edges start browning.

I love to dip these in guacamole...but sour cream would be good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment