Hi! I'm Randi. I am a full time mom, and never thought I would be. After I married my husband I taught school and loved it. That is until my oldest daughter was almost two years old. I realized that even though I loved my students, I spent more time with them than my own daughter. So...I made a change, and now I am a crazy, non- stop, cooking, cleaning, car pool, play date, church going, stay at home mom.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Not Yo Mama's Green Beans


Do you need a healthy side dish that will feed an army for under 5 bucks! Try these BBQ green beans. I use canned green beans, but I have used fresh and frozen. To tell you the truth...I can't tell a difference. if you do use fresh or frozen, you will need to add about 3/4 cup of liquid. Water would be fine or try chicken broth.

BBQ Green Beans

1 small onion sliced
2 slices turkey bacon
2 cans green beans with juice
1 can chopped tomatoes with green chilies with juice
1/2 tbsp seasoning salt
1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce

Saute onion and turkey bacon in a little bit of oil ( PAM is fine). Once you smell that bacon throw in all of the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Cut back the heat and simmer for at least 5 minutes.

Like it spicy...add a 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes!

1 comment: